Saturday, August 28, 2010

Priscillas!

Nooo, not THAT Priscilla's (teehee), sorry. 

Our wedding has had a complete color revolution. And I am ridiculously excited about it! The theme of our wedding is "simple and elegant -- ish," and our colors, LATTE and BLACK (ta-da!), are precisely that.

Adam's first response to the addition of the color "latte" was that it looks like "baby shit." Now, I don't actually think that Adam has seen much "baby shit" in his life, but I have a feeling that that is going to change come October when our nephew, Jaxson, is born (!!!!).

The tuxes have gone from gray to navy to black over the last few weeks, and I was pretty set on navy blue bridesmaid dresses...but I wanted to keep an open mind.  Luckily for me, four of my amazing bridesmaids and my mom came to look at dresses with me!!  I knew that I wanted simple, probably long, dresses, but after finding that my perfect wedding dress was completely different than what I thought that I wanted, I was up for pretty much anything.

We found a dress in the store that was similar to mine, and we held it up next to whoever had on a dress that we liked.  It's really difficult to imagine some of the dresses in different colors, but we managed. 

So many of the dresses were stunning on my bridesmiads (I do have very attractive and fit friends).  But, when Katie put on this particular dress, we knew almost right away that it was the one.  The weirdest thing was that it was one of the dresses that we liked the least when we were picking them out.  (Honestly, I have always loved the taupeish/gold color of "latte" for bridesmaid dresses, but I didn't think it would look good on a variety of skin tones or hair colors.)  Well, it looked fantastic on all of my friends--I have very blonde, dirty blonde, brunette, and almost black haired bridesmaid with a variety of skin tones.  We are just a melting pot.  AND the dress style and color was amazing with the dress like mine...I am getting really ridiculously excited just talking about it!  Plus, the dressy, black with black style of the tuxes is hopefully going to be absolutely perfect with the dresses.  (Man, do I really have to wait 9 more months?!)

The fabric of the dressic is perfect too...not sooo shiny that it will look cheap in pictures.

We found the dresses at Priscilla's of Boston.  The store in Raleigh is brand new, and we had such a great time there (although we were a little bit disappointed that we didn't get any champagne!).  They have so many gorgeous dresses.  I would absolutely love to wear one of their dresses to a cocktail party. 

So many of their dresses are classic but trendy!
Absolutely love this dress!
Stunning.

Some more of Priscilla's of Boston's gorgeous dresses


Some latte...


I don't looove it with pink though.


About the color of the dresses;
although, ours are a little bit lighter and golder




I have seen a lot of blue and yellow weddings this year! I think it is gorgeous and so preppy and I love it, but our new colors fit our venue and time-of-day much better, and, more importantly, they are much more "us!"
Blue and yellow!

Very summery.  I like the trend of different style dresses in the same color,
but it's not quite traditional enough for me.
Beachy and modern!

Very pretty.

I love yellow because it is such a happy color :)


So pretty together.

More blue and yellow!


I will ALWAYS looove pink and green!
And, yes I did consider Lilly Pulitzer dresses.



More pink and green.
I am in LOVE with these shoes!
I love it even more for shower colors.

I'd say our wedding is late spring/early summer...

Not so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment